You can substitute black bass, salmon or any fish with a high fat content.
Dr. David this one is for you!!
1.25# White Miso
1 cup Sake
1 cup Mirin
(4) each 8oz portions of Chilean Sea Bass
- Use a hand blender or a whisk to combine sugar, miso, sake and mirin.
- Place mixture in a stainless steel pot. Cook over a double boiler, stirring periodically. It will start to caramelize over time and the alcohol will cook out.
- Cook for 1.5 hours. When finished, remove from heat and cool completely.
- Place fish portions in a bowl and cover with marinate. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours and up to 2 days.
- When ready to cook remove it from the marinade and place fish on a sheet pan under the broiler until the flesh turns a dark caramel color (around 4 minutes) remove the fish and place it in a 350’ oven and finish cooking. (should take 12 minutes)
- Serve the fish with steamed or stir fried vegetables.