Makes 50 or 60 Agnolotti
1 cup heavy cream
4 ears corn in season, grated on a box grater (should make about two cups)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon sugar (depends on how sweet the corn is)
1 teaspoon chopped, fresh thyme
4 ounces mascarpone cheese
2 tablespoons grated parmigiano reggiano
1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
10 sheets, around 6 x 12-inches, pasta dough
flour for dusting
1 large egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water (egg wash)
1/2 cup chicken stock
to taste kosher salt and black pepper
1 teaspoon truffle oil
6 ounces of unsalted butter
For garnish pea tendrils
For garnish 2 tablespoon grated Parmigiano reggiano
- For the filling: In a small pot over medium heat, bring the cream to a boil.
Reduce until only 1/3 cup remains. Stir in the corn, salt, pepper and sugar.
Bring the mixture to a simmer; stirring constantly (will thicken over the heat).
Continue to cook until the mixture reduces and is thick enough to heavily coat the spoon.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl. Stir in the cheese and thyme and mix until blended.
Taste and season then place bowl in refrigerator, allow filling to cool.
- For the agnolotti: On a lightly floured board roll out the pasta sheets as thinly as possible. With a pastry bag or teaspoon, mound little heaps of filling about 1-inch apart in 2 rows. Brush around mounds with egg wash. Cut the pasta sheet in half between the rows, lengthwise. Fold the dough over filling and squeeze dough together between mounds. With a serrated pasta cutter, cut agnolotti. Cut away excess dough lengthwise; there should be no more than 1/4-inch around the edges. Cut individual agnolotti’s and pinch to seal.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a heavy skillet, add chicken stock, sage, and butter. Boil until mixture emulsifies. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the agnolotti in boiling water until al dente, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and toss gently in the truffle butter.
- *Serve on warm plates. Garnish with pea tendrils and grated Parmigiano Reggiano.