2 pound cherrystone clams, scrub and soak in cold water to clean
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 shallots, minced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons dry red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 tablespoon fresh oregano
1/2 cup dry white wine
12 ounces fresh or dry pasta
to taste Kosher Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano
- Heat a large sauté pan and add the butter and olive oil. When hot, add the shallots and
garlic and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until translucent. Add the chili flakes.
- Add the cleaned clams, thyme, and oregano and continue to sauté until herbs are infused.
Deglaze with white wine and season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and continue to
cook over high heat until the clams have opened, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Bring salted water to a boil in a large stock pot. Add the pasta and cook until al dente and drain.
- Remove the cover from saucepan containing the shellfish. Taste the sauce and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Then add the croutons to the bowl for a quick toss too.
- Add the cooked pasta, chopped parsley and parmesan and toss until the sauce and shellfish are well blended.
Serve immediately in warm pasta bowls & ENJOY!