1 each Lamb shoulder boned, trimmed
2 each Oranges zested
2 each Oranges juiced
5 sprigs fresh Rosemary
5 sprigs fresh Thyme
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
6 each garlic cloves
To taste kosher Salt & black pepper
2 gallon Lamb, beef or chicken stock
1 bottle white wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 pound carrots, onions, celery rough chopped
- Separate lamb into equal parts and remove any excess fat and lymph nodes.
Then pound out so meat is even all across, for any even roll up.
- Take zest, chopped rosemary, thyme and slivered garlic with orange juice and oil, mix together and taste for seasoning.
- Rub on the inside and outside of the lamb then roll and tie. Let marinate overnight.
- Bring the meat to room temp, then season with salt and pepper,
Sear all sides golden brown in a heavy bottom pot or roasting pan.
Once seared remove the meat and caramelize the vegetables, add the wine and reduce by ¾.
- Return the lamb to the pan and cover with stock, bring to boil skim.
- Place in the oven at 250’f without the fan and cook for 2 1/2 hours.
Remove the lamb into a pan strain the sauce thru a fine strainer and let the lamb rest in the sauce.
2 bunch Parsley leaves
1 bunch Tarragon leaves
1 bunch chives
1 tablespoon Capers
1 each clove Garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon zest
To taste kosher salt & black pepper
2 each anchovy filet
- Place garlic, Anchovy and caper in mortar or food processor to make a smooth paste.
- Chop parsley and tarragon and mix together in a mixing bowl.
Cut chives and add that to the bowl then add in garlic & parsley and lemon zest.
- Once all is evenly distributed add olive oil then season with Salt & black pepper.
- To serve: Slice lamb, serve on warm plate. Spoon sauce over the meat and garnish with gremolata. ENJOY!!