Great thing about this recipe, Is that it doesn’t require an ice cream maker.
3 large egg yolks
¾ cup chilled whipped cream
¼ cup pure maple syrup
¼ cup teaspoon maple extract
2 tablespoons raspberry jam
3 cups mixed berries (raspberries,
- Whisk egg yolks, ¼ cup cream and maple syrup in metal bowl.
- Set bowl over saucepan of simmering water. (Double boiler)
- Whisk constantly until candy thermometer till 175’F. About 4 minutes. Remove bowl off the heat.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, mix until cool and thick. About 3 minutes.
- Whip remaining ½ cup cream and maple extract in a large bowl to soft peaks.
- Fold whipped cream into yolk mixture. Cover and freeze maple cream until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Whisk jam in medium bowl to loosen. Add berries, toss to coat and let stand 15 minutes.
- Spoon berry mixture into chilled bowls, top with maple cream.
- Serve with crisp cookies. ENJOY!!