For those veggie fans, just remove the salami.
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
to taste kosher salt
To taste ground black pepper
1/2 cup diced artichoke hearts
1/2 cup diced roasted carrots
1/2 cup diced, blanched green beans
1/4 cup diced toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup diced radicchio
1/2 cup chick peas
1/2 cup diced black olives
3/4 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped tomato
4 teaspoons diced provolone cheese
4 tablespoons diced salami
1 tablespoon olive oil
To taste freshly ground black pepper
1 cup mixed greens of your choice (endive, arugula, romaine, iceberg),
torn (cut lettuce turns brown) into bite-size pieces
- For the vinaigrette: combine the mustard and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the oil.
Then season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside. Whisk again when ready to serve
- For the salad: Blanch the green beans by placing in a wire sieve. Set the sieve into a large pot
of boiling salted water and cook until al dente, 2 to 3 minutes. Plunge into cold water to stop the
cooking process (shocking). Drain, cool.
- Combine beans, artichokes, carrots, pine nuts, radicchio, chick peas, olives, tomato, cheese and salami
- When ready to serve, combine vegetables, greens and vinaigrette. Then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Then add the croutons to the bowl for a quick toss too
- Divide the salad greens among 4 chilled salad plates. Mound the chopped salad on the greens and serve
immediately & ENJOY